The Department of Social Work has a vision of grooming the youth, at national and international level as social work professionals.
“Acharya Institutes, committed to the cause of value-based education in all disciplines, envisions itself as fountainhead of innovative human enterprise, with inspiration initiatives for academic excellence.”
"To provide all the theoretical inputs and practical field experience of social work activities for creating an “Academic excellence
and leadership in university based management education in India through high quality teaching, research, case development, innovative
practices and pedagogy of learning.”
The department of Social Work has set out the following objectives,
• To impart knowledge to students in functional areas of business so that they may pursue careers in management and excel in different fields of management.
• To incorporate extensively – along with theoretical knowledge sharing – various skills (viz., Presentations, rapid reading, geo political awareness, time management) needed for managerial effectiveness.
• To promote knowledge through research – both applied and conceptual relevant to management.
• To enhance the decision – making skills and administrative competence of students.
• To motivate students to apply management techniques to new and innovative areas of management.
We offer program from the level of graduation ie., Bachelors of Social Work to post Graduation ie., the Masters of Social Work, further affording the eligible and motivated youth to conduct research in the social work field, for fighting the social evils and providing the professional support to those in need to overcome the inherent or acquired disabilities thus positively contributing to the development of healthy and happy society.
Eligibility : A candidate who has passed Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) or Bachelors of Arts (BA) with 50% in aggregate of all subjects (45% for SC/ST and Category I candidates), of Bangalore University or any other university from India, considered as equivalent thereto are eligible to admission to MSW Course.
Career Scope :
The program has tremendous scope for employment as well as for being a social entrepreneur as it provides all round theoretical and practical knowledge and develop professionals:
• The course grooms the students to imbibe the skills that are required by all the major organizations in the present scenario.
• This course helps students to get practical aspects of different functional areas of business.
• This course act as a platform for further Post graduate Course.
• This course gives a chance to students to specialize in their chosen field in the final semester.
Acharya Institute of Graduate Studies.
Head & Convenor.
Founder & Managing Trust,
Manav Charities, Bangalore.
Professor,br> Acharya School of Management.
Trustee, Nemmadi, and Director,
Action on Hunger & Poverty Foundation, Bengaluru.
Founder and Managing Trustee,
Kitty Welfare Foundation, Bengaluru.