Smt. Nagarathnamma School Nursing believes that it has responsibilities in helping the students develop pride in their profession besides keeping themselves abreast with current knowledge and professional trends for a successful career ahead. This institution recognizes that the nature of nursing is such that a substantial portion of learning of the students is acquired in the clinical fields of practice. This institution believes that it can prepare nurses for taking up the first level positions in nursing in all kinds of health care settings. The college believes that skills in all aspects of communication are also essential for learning and for the practice of nursing. The college recognizes that basic nursing education provides the candidates with a broad and sound foundation in the behavioral, life and nursing sciences for the general practices of nursing.
Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM,
• 10+2 with 40% marks from any recognized board. However Science is preferable.
• Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State.
• Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government.
• Registered ANM.
• 10+2 vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
• 10+2 Health care Science – Vocational stream from a recognized CBSE board/State/Centre.
For Foreign Nationals:
The entry qualification equivalency i.e., 12th standard will be obtained by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. Institution, State Nursing Council will be responsible to ensure that the qualification and eligibility will be equivalent to what has been prescribed as above. Minimum age for admission will be 17 years. (As on 31st December of that year) The upper age limit is 35 yers for ANM and for LHV, there is no age bar.
Affiliations: Affiliated to Karnataka State Diploma Nursing Examination Board (KSDNEB), Recognized by Government of Karnataka, Approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC) New Delhi & Karnataka State Nursing Council (KNC).