BSc in Fashion and Apparel Design
The Department of Fashion and Apparel Design was set up in 2005 with an intake capacity of 60 and the current intake is 60 students for FAD programme, affiliated to Bangalore University.
Taking a Fashion and Apparel Designing course as an undergraduate will give you a Baccalaureate in Science in Fashion and Apparel Design. Through this comprehensive program, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the fashion industry, including textile making, designing, production, and marketing.
Multiple professional opportunities are available for students after obtaining a BSc in Fashion Design. With the right kind of creativity and skills, anyone can successfully carve out a good career in the fashion industry.
A course in Apparel Designing teaches students history of costumes, fashion design, science, liberal arts, design management, fashion art and sketching, cloth production, fashion pattern making, different kinds of knitting, computerized aided knitting, trends and forecasts for apparel, the design process, and production methods. Students enrolled in this study programme combine theories and practices from painting, drawing, and photography, making them ideal for fashion design.
Multiple professional opportunities are available for students after obtaining a BSc in Fashion and Apparel Design. Anyone can successfully carve a lucrative career in fashion with the right amount of creativity and skills.
Counting on the job opportunities, there are definitely tons of options available!
- Retail manager,
- Textile designer,
- Fashion stylist,
- Fabric quality control manager,
- Fashion consultant,
- Fashion coordinator.
We are counted among the top Fashion and Apparel Designing Colleges in Bangalore, because of our top-notch offerings that includes,
- Innovative Teaching Methodology with rich and varied learning resources.
- State-of-art campus with Digital Classrooms.
- Global Internship opportunities, interfacing with top universities of the world.
- Intra-college Events for more exposure.
Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility :Pass in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / ‘A’ Level or equivalent of any recognized board or council in any discipline.Candidates with 3 year Dip in Commercial practice shall be eligible for direct admission in 2nd year (3 sem) B.Com. This is applicable only for the students who have studied Diploma in Karnataka.
Career Scope :
- The course will groom the students to imbibe the skills that are required by all the major organizations in the present scenario
- This course will help the students to get practical aspects of different functional areas of business
- This course will act as a platform for further Post graduate Course
- This course will give a chance to students to specialize in their chosen field in the final semester
- To gain practical knowledge about Apparel Industry
- To understand about the Textile Industry
- To understand fashion clothing categories, different illustration techniques and dynamic figure sketching techniques
- To familiarize students with Textile Testing methods
- To introduce students to fashion retailing
- To provide students with the knowledge of CAD and their applications
- Skills for Sketching, Textile design and Pattern making through Computer
- Softwares (Coraldraw,Adobe photoshop,Gerber Technology,Zindex)
- Fashion Designer, Quality Control Supervisors,Visual Merchandisers, Retail Merchandisers, Surface Ornamentation, hand embroidery experts
- Fabric Testing supervisors/Managers, Merchandisers, Fashion Photographer
- The students are given practical exposure through industry visits and by conducting workshops, to understand the shop floor experience and skills needed for future
- Department conducts Exhibition cum sale, window display and such other activities through the fashion club to provide students visual merchandising and retailing knowledge, and also to become successful entrepreneur
- Every year department organizes Portfolio presentation and academic Fashion show VASTRA, to help and give a platform for budding Fashion designers
To achieve professional competence and academic excellence with creativity in fashion world by continuously improving academic processes and industrial interaction.