M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
Master of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering is a two-year period Post
Graduation (PG) program offered in full time mode by the department of Computer
Science & Engineering. The program is spread into 4 semesters of 6 months each
and has courses on cutting edge technologies like Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud
Computing, Image Processing and Machine learning.
At department of Computer Science & Engineering, Acharya Institute of Technology, we strive to provide best learning experience to the students emphasizing on hands on exercises. Each student will carry out a mini project and a major project during the program. Our team of faculty put concerted efforts to guide the students to publish their experimental findings in the reputed conferences and peer reviewed journals.
Our alumni are well placed in several research organizations and many have gained doctoral degree post M.Tech from our research center and from other renowned Universities.
Duration : 2 Years
Eligibility : The candidates should have passed the Bachelor of Engineering degree (B.E.)/Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in relevant discipline (Computer Science & Engineering /Information Science & Engineering or AMIE in appropriate branch) with not less than 50% marks in aggregate of all the semester of degree examination (45% for SC/ST candidates). In addition, the candidate must have also taken Gate: CS or PGCET.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Students will learn to apply mathematical skills, algorithmic principles, knowledge of cloud computing, big data and computer science theory in modelling and design of computer-based systems.
Envisions to be recognized for quality education and research in the field of Computing, leading to creation of competent engineers, who are innovative and adaptable to the changing demands of industry and society.
Acharya Institutes, Committed to the cause of value-based education in all disciplines, envisions itself as a fountainhead of innovative human enterprise, with inspiration initiatives for Academic Excellence.