The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) – the Central Library, at the heart of the Campus, provides an ideal environment for intellectual inquiry with its multiple Study Spaces, Research Assistance, and Reading, Learning and Instructional Resources. The State-of-the-Art ICT facilities established to provide much-needed services to support excellence in Teaching, Learning, Research, and Extension.
- The User-focused facilities and services provide seamless access to resources and to evaluate Scholarly information to learn and create new Knowledge.
- The LRC caters to over 15,000 Students pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses, Research Scholars, and about 1,000 Faculty and Staff members.
- The LRC is housed on three floors with a carpet area of 4,289 sqms accommodating various facilities, reading and learning resources, and seating arrangements for about 500 Users at any point-of-time.
- Wi-Fi, Internet access, Electrical plug-in facilities, etc., are provided in all Reading areas and Study Carrels.
- The Virtual Learning Resource Lab and Study Carrels with 100 Apple Computers in networked environment provide Internet access, Digital Learning Resources and Online access to major E-Journals and E-Books on Science and Technology, Management, Health Sciences and Social Sciences available from VTU, HELINET, and N-LIST / e-Shodha Sindhu (UGC-INFLIBNET) Consortia.
- KOHA, an Integrated Library Management Software package is used for Library operations and resource sharing among the Acharya Institutes’ Libraries.
- ALIBNET, a network of all Libraries of Acharya Institutes has been established using KOHA "Single Instance and Multiple Libraries".
- Institutional Repository (IR), a digital repository of Acharya Institutes publications provides access/downloading publications, and other homogeneous data/reports and non-traditional reading material.
- Centrally well-protected Fire alarms, CCTV surveillance, and RFID technology provide much-needed security. Readers can have coffee/Tea from vending machines kept in Coffee Bar.
- Qualified, experienced and well trained Library professionals serve the user community with excellence and provide assistance in meeting academic and research information needs.
The Learning Resource Centre is kept open from 8 am to 10 pm on all the working days and 9 am to 5 pm on Sundays and Holidays.
The Learning Resource Centre is having a collection of more than 1,00,000 documents, subscribing about 200 print journals, and providing access to over 10,500 online full- text journals and several abstracting databases. Besides, there are 1000 e-books. The collection consists of Books, Back-volumes of Periodicals.
Users Training and Information Literacy Programs
To sensitize and promote the use of e-resources, learning materials, CD/DVD Databases, information exchange and online access to Internet and web resources, the Library organizes User-focused training Programs on ICT Skills, Research Communication, and Information Management. Topics on research planning, ICTs and E-resources, Internet, E-communication, Discussion forums, Data Analysis packages, citation patterns, thesis/dissertation writing, technical paper writing, e-resources, information search skills, developing materials for scientific presentations, news reporting and editing for press and media are covered for different target groups.
We offer our students the opportunity to learn anywhere and anytime. Access our E-resources from across the world. Being an Acharyan has its perks. Click here to enter our E-library.