Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering (DMTE)
Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering is a contemporary in-demand for students interested in studying subjects like- Machine Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Robotics, Programmable Controllers, and even Fluid Power Engineering. In undertaking this course, students will be enabled to take over a professional approach towards the industry and automating it. Mechatronics deals with construction, testing and development in all fields of engineering. The field is also prevalent in Industrial Automation and Robotics. Mechatronics will be a backbone in the modern industry, in the near future.
A notable fact is that every industry around us is becoming increasingly dependent on the latest technological applications and innovations. The field of Mechatronics has expanded by leaps and bounds and has an eternal scope with technological innovations happening regularly.
Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering offers a wide variety of career opportunities and further study choices to meet your aspirations.
Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility : Pass in SSLC / 10th / ’O’ Level from any recognised Board or Council with an aggregate of 35% in Maths and Science.
The diploma qualification provides a good grounding for students who wish to continue further studies or employment where the skills, knowledge and understanding of planning, designing, construction & manufacturing are useful. The programme will develop the student’s understanding of a full range of careers within the manufacturing and maintenance industry as members of a flexible, competitive, multi-skilled workforce. As a matter of fact, today’s technology-driven industries are forcibly looking at diploma students to fill up a lot of vacancies in their organizations when higher engineering skills may not be immediately required.
- Core Competence: Our graduates will exhibit the knowledge in Mathematics, Science and fundamentals of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering to solve Engineering problems.
- Breadth: Our graduates will be able to design and create novel products and solutions for real life problems using the knowledge of Scientific, Mechanical, Electronics and Computer Engineering.
- Professionalism: Our graduates exhibit professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and exhibit team work over multidisciplinary areas
- Higher studies and Employability: Our graduates succeed in industry / technical profession by creating an environment excellence and a high order of ethics and a zeal for lifelong learning
- Basic Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic Mathematics, Science and engineering to solve Mechatronics Engineering problems
- Discipline Knowledge: Ability to apply discipline specific knowledge to solve core and /or applied engineering problems
- Experiment and practice: Ability to plan and perform experiments and develop how to analyze and interpret the results to solve engineering problems
- Engineering tools: Ability to identify and select modern tools such as design ,simulator etc to analyze and validate the solutions
- The engineer and society: Apply knowledge to access global and societal issues relevant to engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: To understand the impact of engineering solutions in global and environmental issues with the focus on sustainability
- Ethics: To understand the impact of engineering solutions in global and environmental issues needed for sustainable development
- Individual and team work: Ability to function effectively as an individual and as a team member to accomplish a goal
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively
- Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life long learning in the context of technological changes
Striving continuously to provide the latest knowledge in all aspects of Mechatronics engineering through,
- Trained and experienced faculty members
- Providing opportunities for the latest technologies
- Inculcating ethical values through curriculum or co- curriculum activities