Acharya School of Design
Acharya School of Design (ASD) is one of the top Design colleges in Bangalore, India. Acharya offers BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts)/ B. Des (Bachelor of Design) programmes in Graphic and Communication Design, Animation and Game Art, Interior & Spatial Design, and Product Design to its aspirants. We are located on a magnificent 120-acres campus alongside other premier disciplines such as Architecture, Engineering, Degree College, Polytechnic, Nursing, which enables us to collaborate with other schools. Acharya is one of the best design schools in Bangalore. The college campus also has spacious sports grounds with the backdrop of naturally beautiful terrain, and world-class learning infrastructure which inspires many students.
Acharya School of Design is one of the best design colleges in India, that inspires students not just from Indian states but from neighboring countries like Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zambia, etc. Students from all over India, including the union territories, with International students, have created a global environment at Acharya School of Design, making it one of the best Design Colleges in Bangalore.
Acharya School of Design offers comprehensive study of the field, and enriches the talents of young designers. It follows NEP-complaint design curriculum and prepares them in a career of highly sought-after design roles. The students are also prepared for a career as an independent designer or artist. This makes Acharya an ideal bachelor of design college in Bangalore.
Our design College houses studios, movie rooms, smart classes, amphitheaters, design labs, art museums and much more to provide all round training in the subject. Coupled with this, the college also offers add-on programmes to develop skills required to boost their career. From Language Programmes to Marketing, Sales, and beyond are at the disposal of the students. It helps students to become a standalone artist while the placement cell assists students to secure jobs in the field. That's what makes Acharya count as one of the best fine arts colleges in Bangalore.
Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA)
Approved by Bangalore City University, Karnataka.
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in core subjects.
Approved by Bangalore City University, Karnataka.
- CREATIVITY: We value creativity as the driving force behind innovation and design excellence.
- INCLUSIVITY: We value inclusivity as an essential aspect of design education, practice, and research, and strive to create a diverse and welcoming community.
- INTEGRITY: We value integrity as the foundation of ethical and responsible design practice, and uphold the highest standards of professionalism and integrity in all aspects of our work.
- COLLABORATION: We value collaboration as a key to success in design education and practice, and foster a culture of teamwork and cooperation.
- EXCELLENCE: We value excellence as a pursuit of quality and distinction in design education, research, and practice, and strive for excellence in all that we do.
- INNOVATION: We value innovation as a means to push the boundaries of design and create new solutions to complex challenges.
- SUSTAINABILITY: We value sustainability as a fundamental principle of responsible design, and seek to integrate sustainable practices into all aspects of our work.
- COMMUNITY: We value community as the heart of our institution, and seek to foster a sense of belonging and connection among our students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- ETHICAL AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We believe in the importance of ethical and socially responsible design practice, and strive to create solutions that address complex challenges and contribute to the betterment of society.
- Recognised by the Govt. of Karnataka
- Collaborations with Professional Organisations Premier and the only Design School, affiliated to Bangalore City University
- Only Design School located in an expansive 120 acre campus offering multi-stream collaborative learning opportunities
- Excellent network with national and international organisations, academic institutions and acclaimed artists and designers: ABAI - Association of Bangalore Animation Industry, KAVGC - Karnataka Animation-Visual Effects-Games & Comics, ADI - Association of Designers of India, InDeAs - India Design Association, CCI - Crafts Council of India, IIID - Institution of Indian Interior Designers, ICCR - Indian Council for Cultural Relations, NIFI - National Innovation Foundation-India
- Holistic learning, encompassing: Art & Film Appreciation, Visual Thinking, Theatre & Performing Arts, Traditional Arts & Crafts, New Media experimentation, Field Study & Activities, Projects & Internships, Research & Development, Competitions, Community & Industrial Projects, Environmental Projects, Societal Sensitisation
What our students say..?
"Acharya Design School is a cloud of possibilities which made me realise the artist in me, not only art but also let me achieve a lot in life."
"Art is a place for one to learn to trust one's ideas themselves and to explore what is possible." And this was possible for me after coming to Acharya School of Design, where learning was made much more understandable, easier and fun, undoubtedly Acharya Design School is the best Design School in India."
“Choosing Acharya School of Design turned out to be the best decision to date, as the college gave me new perspectives and gave me the opportunity and lessons to take up responsibility. There's also a lot to learn from the faculty and seniors too.".
Shanelly Nishka Hannah Cardozo
"""Acharya Design College pushed me to believe in myself as an artist. We continue to demonstrate our art in our courses, which provides us with such powerful, visual, experiential, creative thinking, and meaningful participation in life."