Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCE)
Civil engineering is the second oldest field of Engineering. This field focuses on design, planning, construction and maintenance of physically built as well as the natural environment. It is a very diverse field, consisting of various sub-branches such as Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Town/City Planning, Construction Engineering, etc. Civil engineers design and construct dams, roads, buildings, canals, etc.
Our 3-year Diploma Program not only teaches our students how to design buildings and bridges but also to effectively study the impact of the same on the environment. This will help in moulding professional engineers abiding by sustainable engineering work ethics setting us apart from the rest of the civil engineering colleges. Students are also given exposure to areas that enables them to pick up the skills to become highly skilled professionals. We up-skill them to take up larger projects that require expertise in estimation and costing, which plays a very important role in planning any activity.
Acharya Polytechnic is regarded as one of the best diploma colleges in Bangalore offering diploma in Civil Engineering courses. Here we empower students to start their own construction company, through our incubation centre or help them get placed through our various training and placement drives.
Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility : Pass in SSLC / 10th / HSC or equivalent from any recognised Board or Council with an aggregate of 35%.
A degree in Civil Engineering enables the graduate to take up a wide variety of engineering jobs including designing, supervision and construction, activities of public works like roads, bridges, tunnels, buildings, airports and dams. Construction of waterworks, sewage systems, ports etc. offers a multitude of challenging career opportunities.
- Domain Knowledge:Able to apply both fundamental and core knowledge in the field of Civil engineering with a zeal to serve the society.
- Behavioural approach: Able to exercise excellent leadership qualities, at levels appropriate to their experience, which addresses issues in a responsive and ethical manner
- Breadth: Able to accept new challenges by acquiring contemporary knowledge in Academics/career
- An ability to apply knowledge of basic Mathematics, Science and Civil Engineering to solve the civil engineering problems
- An ability to apply discipline-specific knowledge to solve core and/or applied engineering problems
- An ability to plan and perform experiments and practices and to use the results to solve engineering problems
- Apply appropriate technologies and tools with an understanding of the limitations
- Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice
- Understand the impact of the engineering solutions in the societal and environmental context, and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or a leader in diverse/multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to communicate effectively
- Recognise the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the context of technological changes
- Offering quality education through innovative methods, with a thrust to impart contemporary engineering skills and multidisciplinary functioning
- Curriculum and augmented syllabus to solve the problems in civil engineering applications
- Facilitating faculties to develop discipline knowledge for continuous improvement