Aeronautical Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the research, design, development, construction, testing, science, and technology of an aircraft. The field also covers the investigation into aerodynamic characteristics of aircrafts, including behaviors and related factors like airfoil, control surfaces, lift and drag. With a good record of graduate students and placements, Acharya's department of aeronautical engineering continues to be one of the best Aeronautical engineering colleges in Bangalore.
Aeronautical Engineering at Acharya Institute of Technology offers superlative project-based learning to our students that motivates and inspires them to learn and grow in their career. The programme is designed for deep demonstration of knowledge that leads to superior impending and progression, enabling our students to better opportunities in India and abroad through industry-based project experience and various interfacing abilities. Our students attend international competitions in India & Abroad, giving students the opportunity for hands-on learning. These aspects have ensured the colleges consistently feature among the top Aeronautical engineering colleges in Bangalore.
Aeronautical Engineering is a combination of multiple disciplines that incorporates knowledge of multiple branches of the engineering field. Which ultimately results in career opportunities in various sectors including government and non-government organizations. Aeronautical is the branch that involves flavours of multiple domains, promoting students' future scope.
Acharya’s Aeronautical Engineering is one of the best Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Bangalore. We offer multiple activities, Aero model Activities is one of the offerings that grab students' attention and help them imply the knowledge they have gained.
Project-based learning is another offering that entices the student's consideration and increases their curiosity in the subject. We also offer educational trips around the country to stimulate and enhance the knowledge & skills, these facilities are offered other than classroom learning, as it energizes the enthusiasm within students.
The department consists of a large pool of expert faculty members, highly qualified and proficient in their specific areas of technical specialisations. Holding Ph.D. & Master’s degree from institutions such as IIT’s and more. The faculty provide continuous inputs in designing and offering curriculum in diverse areas of aeronautics such as Aerodynamic Proportions, Structural Mechanics etc.This input helps in the department offering continuous value added programmes that are beyond regular university curriculum and are future ready. The department has published over 150 national and international publications and its also a VTU recognised research center, offering in-house research experience to our students that enhances their practical skills.
We are counted among the top Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Bangalore, because of our top-notch offerings that include,
- Innovative Teaching Methodology with rich and varied learning resources.
- State-of-art campus with Digital Classrooms
- Global Internship opportunities, interfacing with top universities of the world.
- Intra-college Events for more exposure.
Acharya is one of the best Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Bangalore that offers a wide range of career opportunities to its students. Apprentices can pursue their career in Government and non-government organizations, for instance, they can join the Space Programmes like ISRO & HAL. Including various other IT, Non-IT, Core, Non-Core companies with the knowledge of the latest technology. Also, students have the opportunity to pursue further education in India and Abroad.APPLY NOW
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
The educational objectives of a program are the statements that describe the expected achievements of graduates within first few years of their graduation from the program. The program educational objectives of Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering can be broadly defined on four counts:
- Employable: To enable students to excel in the field of Aeronautical Engineering and achieve the competency to enhance their employability for the industry, research and academic sectors
- Continuous Learning: To mould students to understand and comprehend problems of Aeronautical Engineering by applying basic principles & knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering and also able to use modern engineering techniques, skills and tools to fulfill needs of the society.
- Professionalism: To nurture students to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues while conducting their professional work in multi-cultural corporation and organisation
- Innovative: To enable students to bring innovation into solution of myriad problems through comprehension, design, analysis and development
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- Practical implementation and testing skills by providing training and industry exposure to maintain aircrafts, develop the process/products for the same
- Successful career and entrepreneurship - To prepare the students with broad aeronautical knowledge related to various systems to become technicians. The Department of Aeronautical Engineering provides a learning environment to the students for achieving intellectual and personal development for the next generation of Aeronautical Systems
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering is committed to foster the technical growth of students for an ever-changing society.
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering provides a learning environment to the students for achieving intellectual and personal development for the next generation of Aeronautical Systems.