At Acharya, we are one of the best aeronautical Aeronautical engineering, college in Bangalore. We represent the branch of engineering that deals with the research, design, development, construction, testing, science, and technology of aircraft. The field also covers the investigation into aerodynamic characteristics of aircraft, including behaviors and related factors like airfoil, control surfaces, lift and drag.
Acharya has been developed as one of the best engineering colleges in Bangalore. Also, In recent years, aeronautical engineering has become one of two major and overlapping branches of Aeronautical Engineering, with Astronautical Engineering being the second. If you’re fascinated by the history and methodology behind flying machines – from Leonardo Da Vinci’s early conceptual sketches and the Wright Brothers’ famous flight of 1903 through to the sophistication and progress of modern jets – aeronautical engineering could be the degree for you. You’ll need to be highly competent in mathematics and physics to apply – expect your competency in these two subjects to be rigorously tested.
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
The educational objectives of a program are the statements that describe the expected achievements of graduates within first few years of their graduation from the program. The program educational objectives of Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering can be broadly defined on four counts:
- Employable: To enable students to excel in the field of Aeronautical Engineering and achieve the competency to enhance their employability for the industry, research and academic sectors
- Continuous Learning: To mould students to understand and comprehend problems of Aeronautical Engineering by applying basic principles & knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering and also able to use modern engineering techniques, skills and tools to fulfill needs of the society.
- Professionalism: To nurture students to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues while conducting their professional work in multi-cultural corporation and organisation
- Innovative: To enable students to bring innovation into solution of myriad problems through comprehension, design, analysis and development
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- Practical implementation and testing skills by providing training and industry exposure to maintain aircrafts, develop the process/products for the same
- Successful career and entrepreneurship - To prepare the students with broad aeronautical knowledge related to various systems to become technicians. The Department of Aeronautical Engineering provides a learning environment to the students for achieving intellectual and personal development for the next generation of Aeronautical Systems
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering is committed to foster the technical growth of students for an ever-changing society.
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering provides a learning environment to the students for achieving intellectual and personal development for the next generation of Aeronautical Systems.