Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, plan, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, Civil engineering is the second-oldest engineering discipline and is made up of many different chastisements.
What does a civil engineer do?
Civil engineers design major transportation projects. Civil engineers conceive, design, build, supervise, operate, construct and maintain infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment. With a good record of graduate students and placements, Acharya's department of Civil engineering continues to be one of the best Civil engineering colleges in Bangalore.
The Department of Civil Engineering has a select band of faculty who are an amalgam of rich administrative, academic, research, and industry experience. Students are exposed to state-of-the-art civil engineering practices vis-à-vis institute industry interaction, internships, field visits, and in-house/on-site camps apart from the regular classroom teaching. The school has a specialized laboratory facility and encourages research and consultancy. The CAD lab is sufficiently equipped with the latest hardware/software and honed the skills of students in recent versions of CYPE, STAAD-PRO, AUTOCAD, MAP3D, CIVIL 3D, AUTOCAD RASTER DESIGN, PRIMAVERA, MS Project, RIVET, GIS (Open Source), and GPS data manager are offered as value-added programs in pursuit of making industry ready Civil Engineers, now you know why we are one of the best civil engineering colleges in Bangalore.
Civil Engineering at Acharya Institute of Technology offers wads of activities that add to the overall development of the student. Internship activities improvise technical knowledge and give hands-on experience along with practical knowledge. Guest lectures are offered where expert lecturers from various engineering industries share their knowledge
Civil Engineering at Acharya Institute of Technology offers excellently qualified, dedicated faculty members. Highly experienced in their niches and committed to delivering world-class learnings for students. The faculty members are involved in plenty of research projects and have published 100+ papers in National and International Journals, making Acharya one of the top Civil Engineering Colleges in Bangalore.
Reckoned among the Best Civil Engineering Colleges in Bangalore, our Civil Engineering Department hosts excellently equipped laboratories. Team Srujanotsava undertakes most of the activities to be conducted, be it cultural or educational. Guest lecturers are regularly invited to arrange for auxiliary knowledge to the students and augment their technical skills, furthermore, we encourage our students to go on internships and to complete six-month training programs.
Students' skill development is an important part of the educational curriculum, the internship programs, industrial visits, practical knowledge, and group projects, our innovative teaching methodologies, and various others factors that supports skill enhancement.APPLY NOW
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
- PEO1: Possess Sound knowledge in civil engineering discipline and pursue a successful career in their chosen domain
- PEO2:Are competent, creative, and highly valued professionals in industry, academia, government, or entrepreneur
- PEO3: Engage in life-long learning and meeting growing demands of the industry
- PEO4: Become effective Leaders addressing technical, business, environmental and societal challenges
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PEO1: Collect and Interpret data required in civil engineering sectors for feasibility, planning and design
- PEO2: Apply fundamental engineering concepts in design of civil engineering facilities to meet human needs and management of environmental issues
- PEO3: Analyze Elements of Hydraulic, Geotechnical, Structural and Transportation systems
- PEO4: Design Elements of Hydraulic, Geotechnical, Structural and Transportation systems
Be a center of excellence in education, research and technology with innovative ideas to sustain in the globally competitive world.
- Nurture Civil Engineering graduates in professional development by providing a congenial environment and resource persons
- Provide Industry institute interaction to train students in latest technologies
- Instill professional values to be leaders driving innovation in Civil engineering