Information Science and Engineering
The Department of Information Science and Engineering was initiated in the year 2000 with an intake capacity of 60 and the current intake is 120 students for the BE programme, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi. Acharya Institutes is one of the best engineering colleges in Bangalore, Information Science Engineering Course is a multidisciplinary field that examines, gathers analyzes, sorts, manipulates, moves, distributes, and protects information. The department consists of a highly motivated, competent, and distinguished faculty committed to the cause of quality education. Research is an integral part of departmental activities where all the faculty members are enthusiastically involved.
The department has a well-focused research area and excellent research facilities, which cater to the needs of the research community providing ample opportunity for the students to implement and test their skills. Being the best Information Science Engineering College in Bangalore, Acharya works best to keep up the race! Workshops, seminars and invited talks from experts frequently with the help of professional bodies like the Computer Society of India (CSI), the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), and the technical student forum “STEIGEN” are systematically carried out. The Computer Society of India student branch has been honored with the “Best Computer Society of India Student Branch Award” at the Computer Society Of India National Convention 2012. The department has collaborated with several top IT giants. The list includes Apple - iOS University Development Programme, IBM -Centre of Excellence, Microsoft-IT Academy, Infosys - Campus Connect Program, EMC2 - Academic alliance partner, Wipro Mission 10X, to name a few. Employment through campus placements in premier IT organizations is assured for a majority of the students.
The department has achieved academic milestones by achieving University Ranks. So far several ranks have been credited to the department. Big data community is a unique practice at the Department of Information Science and Engineering, focused on enriching the competency of our faculty members, students and our research scholars through workshops, FDPs, online courses and National/International Conferences. Through the Big data community, a multi-node cluster set up in the lab helps the students to execute projects. Another remarkable aspect of the department of Information Science and Engineering is the In-house internship program extended to our students to gain expertise by learning and adopting the software engineering practices and developing live projects which are vital for our academic activities.
Acharya Institute is among the top Information Science Engineering College in Bangalore. To this date, the effectiveness of the program has proved to be advantageous to our students to be placed in good organizations during placements. Under our R&D cell, faculty members in collaboration with students have published nearly 80+ Scopus index journal papers. To sum it up, Information Science and Engineering is one of the most promising and rewarding fields.
Duration : 4 Years
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary (HS) / Pre University (PUC) / 'A' Level (with 12 years of schooling) or its equivalent with English as one of the languages. Shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following : Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics. AIT admits students as per prevailing rules and regulations of VTU.
- PEO1: Will be competent, creative, and highly valued ethical professionals in industry, academia or entrepreneur
- PEO2: Engage in life-long learning and professional development
- PEO3: Become effective global collaborators, leading or participating to address technical, business, environmental and societal challenges
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PSO1: Able to apply knowledge of information management and communication systems to provide secured solutions for real time engineering applications
- PSO2: Apply best software engineering practices, modern tools and technologies to deliver quality products
“To be centre of Academic and Research excellence in the field of Information Technology inculcating value based education for the development of quality Human Resource”
Equip students with fundamental concepts, practical knowledge and professional ethics through dedicated faculty for higher studies and professional career in various Scientific, Engineering and Technological streams leading to proficiency in the field of Information Technology